- Patients who need us and turn to us in their time of need
- A top-notch medical staff. We had 121 physicians on staff that were recently recognized in Baltimore magazine’s “Top Doctors” issue – more physicians than any other community hospital in Maryland. In fact, these Top Doctors were recognized by their peers as the physicians to whom they would send a family member.
- The phenomenal support of our community including the many individuals who dedicate their time and resources to the various and important hospital boards
- Our consistently high performing Gilchrist Hospice Care and the team of healthcare professionals who tirelessly deliver wonderful, compassionate care to individuals and families at the end of life
- The GBMC Foundation and its ability to generate substantial gifts and strong donor relationships, helping the hospital acquire the latest technology and services that allow us to provide the best care to our patients
- And last, but certainly not least, all of you - the wonderful employees, nurses, doctors and managers who work so hard and are so dedicated to making GBMC the great place it is. For all of you, I am truly grateful.
I am also grateful to the 30 employees who just completed their first semester at GBMC’s Center for Frontline Leadership, a comprehensive, two-year leadership development program designed to enhance the leadership skills of employees [non-managers] throughout the organization. Thirteen GBMC coaches have been guiding these employees through the program and on November 16, all 30 participants presented their projects based on the leadership skills they have been working on with their coaches. I had the opportunity to see these presentations and was truly inspired to see so many future leaders flourishing, learning and working together.
Thanksgiving spirit was in full swing last week during GBMC’s annual employee turkey distribution on November 10 and 11. About 3,800 turkeys were given out to staff as tokens of appreciation for the hard work you do each and every day.
P.S. Are you doing anything special or unique for the holiday? I’d love to hear about it – leave me a comment!