It’s no doubt that our physicians, nurses, techs, therapists, housekeepers, food service workers, maintenance staff, security, volunteers, managers, and all staff members work very hard to continue moving GBMC toward its vision. This past year, our units and departments have made significant strides in creating and improving processes that meet our four aims: Better health, Better care, Least waste and More joy for those providing the care. Leaders and staff throughout the organization have been empowered to execute change.
At GBMC, we believe in being transparent with our quality data, which is updated monthly on gbmc.org/quality. We measure many factors from patient satisfaction to infection rates and I’m happy to say that because of the collective efforts of our teams as well as the commitment to lean daily management, we've seen great improvement in many areas. Take pressure ulcers, for instance – we have gone almost an entire year without a pressure ulcer, which is a tremendous accomplishment.
So, this week, I sincerely thank our employees and everyone who has helped us improve our designs and make our system of care more reliable and set a course for the future and help meet our vision: to every patient, every time, we will provide the care that we would want for our own loved ones. I truly believe that what makes GBMC exceptional is its people and I’m proud to see the dedication and passion of our team every day.
I invite all employees to take part in the Hospital Week celebrations planned this week including:
- Monday, May 12 - An email from HR Broadcast will be sent out with trivia questions for employees to participate in a drawing for $15 gift cards to Safeway Supermarket.
- Tuesday, May 13 - An employee gift will be given out May 13 between 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 14– Ice cream social! Come hungry:
- 12 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in ED entrance and Civiletti Conference Room
- 6 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - ED entrance
- 11 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. - ED entrance
- Thursday, May 15 - GBMC Employee Health Fair in the Civiletti Conference Center. The winners of the trivia questions will also be announced on the InfoWeb.