Thursday, January 9, 2020

Rallying Around a Great Team in Charm City

I have been walking around the halls of GBMC with a Ravens lapel pin that my colleague and Environmental Services Associate, Sedrick Haire, gave me. Sedrick knows that I am a New York Giants fan (I grew up in New Jersey and have never changed my sports allegiances). He and many others find it humorous that I have jumped on the Ravens bandwagon and am now rooting for a Super Bowl win. You may ask, “why?”

Well, my family and I have lived in Baltimore for almost 10 years and have really enjoyed our time here. We’ve been embraced by so many wonderful people and have come to love the city. We live in the city and take advantage of the great parks, museums, restaurants, music venues, and the waterfront. There is no doubt that Baltimore has problems…but what place doesn’t have problems? I get upset when I hear people bad-mouthing Baltimore and ignoring its fabulous attributes. Baltimore deserves a big win to boost the city’s morale and to show the rest of the country that we are winners.

The other reason I am rooting for the Ravens is that I know a good team when I see one. I love the way that star quarterback, Lamar Jackson, has made believers out of the entire franchise. With the buzz around the city and throughout the GBMC HealthCare System, the “purple pride” is growing on our campus.

With the Ravens getting ready to host the Tennessee Titans in the AFC Divisional round of the playoffs, I just have one question to ask: “Who wants a chance to get their hands on tickets to this weekend’s Ravens playoff game?”

If you haven’t already donated your $4 for a chance to land two (2) tickets to the game this Saturday night (Jan. 11), you’re running out of time. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. TODAY (Thursday, Jan. 9). Your donations will help support GBMC HealthCare (GBMC, GBMC Health Partners, and Gilchrist).

Remember that you can enter as many times as you wish. Each entry costs $4. This is an internal raffle that is only open to GBMC HealthCare System employees and volunteers. You can buy the raffle tickets online or, if you would like to pay in cash, visit the Human Resources Department in suite 5360 in the hospital. The TWO lucky winners will be chosen and announced by 2 p.m. on Friday, January 10. Tickets must be picked up no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 10.

Also, courtesy of our friends at Karma Fashion Boutique, you will have the chance for a Ravens raffle basket prize valued at $100. One lucky winner will be chosen to receive this amazing prize!

So, are you ready to enter? Click here! 

Good luck to all participants and go Ravens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read "A Healthy Dialogue" and for commenting on the blog. Comments are an important part of the public dialogue and help facilitate conversation. All comments are reviewed before posting to ensure posts are not off-topic, do not violate patient confidentiality, and are civil. Differing opinions are welcome as long as the tone is respectful.